Health & Safety Checks
They’re a big headache for business owners and H&S Managers…
Every year around 1 in 10 workers in New Zealand are injured at work. This should never happen. Furthermore, Owners and Managers can be fined up to $3m and spend up to 5 years in prison for getting their Health and Safety processes wrong*. The risks are huge on all levels.
*New Zealand Health and Safety Act 2015.
Our loyal customers tell us that before they adopted Checkmate™…
- Legally required safety checks were only being performed around 80% of the time
- Staff members disliked the cumbersome paper-based processes and dreaded doing their checks
- H&S managers were unsure that checks had actually been done … even if forms had been ticked
- Safety hazards and potential risks were being missed at alarming rates
- Huge inefficiencies meant that the real costs of H&S compliance were unnecessarily high
- They were extremely worried, and they never quite knew that H&S checks were under control
Checkmate™ is a smart solution that takes the headache out of ensuring that Health and Safety checks are done to a high standard and finished on time whenever they’re needed.
Typically, businesses use paper checklists and homemade storage systems to both conduct and track safety checks on high-risk assets. These systems often do not deliver adequate verification of control, they provide poor H&S visibility, and they are wide open to misuse and shortcuts. As a result, workers are exposed to unnecessary risks, Health and Safety Managers shoulder a heavy and unfair burden, and business owners live with nagging worries, little peace of mind next to no legal protection.
years in prison and $3 million maximum fines is the potential penalty for getting your H&S processes wrong.
of the time, legally required checks are not being performed with paper-based systems.
total visibility of all audit checks and processes are provided through the Checkmate™ dashboard.
These businesses are now working smarter with Checkmate™